Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Weekend Full of Food

Over Labor Day weekend, I was in the kitchen a lot! I made something new everyday.

Saturday, I made yummy chocolate cookies (which are my favorite) with Cailey. Then we watched The Princess and the Frog. One of my all time favorite movies! On Sunday, Megan and I made the worst cupcakes we have made together. They came out almost flat and the strawberry filling that we tried to make did not turn out.

Monday, I made homemade white bread by myself for the first time!
This is the kneaded dough that cooperated perfectly for me!

The bread rising. Yes, it is on a car because our house was freezing, so I had to put it outside.

A big puff ball of dough!

Letting it rise in the pans now. (on a car again) :)

The finished product! While they were cooking, the house smelled so good! I couldn't believe how well they turned out for the first time!

Eating it warm, and with butter...
Can I just say delicious?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Mmm.. mm.. yeah, you can say delicious!

Julie said...

It was past delicious. How about making more...? Love you...Mom